- Pledge – Bethany
- 4 Way Test – Shawn
- Invocation – Tom (quotes from Val)
Bethany updated us on 3rd grade book project. Books have been ordered and we are moving forward with presentation to the 3rd grade class on March 28 from 0830-0930 at Millard Fillmore Elementary. Meet at the front office area wearing Rotary clothing if you are able to attend.
Bob Balk suggested a scholarship/award for Eagle Scouts who are graduating high school. Discussion ensued. Idea tabled until we have anyone who fits that criteria graduating.
Mike received RI convention delegate card for conference in Hamburg. Will forward on to DG Marv to represent us.
March district newsletter is out. Mike highlighted a few points…
- Membership is down district-wide. We are still looking to add one member to our club this year.
- Grant application for 19-20 has been submitted. Thanks to Wayne for spearheading paperwork!
- District Changing of the Guard will be Thursday, June 27 at Traditions at The Links in Syracuse. More info to come.
- District Assembly will be April 6 @ VVS High School. Time TBA; most likely AM to early PM. Breakfast is usually served by VVS FFA.
- District Celebration (aka District Conference) is coming up! If you haven’t registered, please do so ASAP. This year’s donation drive will be for foster kids in the district. Saturday night is cocktail attire or your best Roaring ’20s garb!
- We were mentioned in the DeWitt article about Books for the World. Thanks to DeWitt for their “muscle” on this project!
Levi and Mike will finalise this year’s grant paperwork (Historical Society preservation goods) this weekend.
We are all thinking of Bob Copley as he continues on the mend!
Flooding in the Midwest is happening – Maybe a Rotary fund drive in the future?
We recieved a patch for our donation to this year’s Rose Parade float for Rotary.
Letter from MCS about scholarships was also received. Colleen to contact school. If you wish to be on the scholarship committee this year, please contact her.
A longtime Rotary Auction patron will be downsizing soon and wanted Stuart to take a look at some of the things she has. After visiting and “shopping” he made a list of viable options for our auction in August. We thank them for thinking of us and their gracious donations!
Foundation report from Bob Balk – We are at 33% of our goal for the year. Our PolioPlus goal has been blown out of the water as we are at a whopping 3,282% of our goal!
Pat Kinney will be presenting on behalf of Hope Food Pantry at an upcoming meeting. Mike will contact her to set up a day that works for all.
Gregg did fines.